

Hi Everyone -
Looks like another typhoon is headed our way - typhoon Fung-Wong (means Phoenix in Chinese) - and it should be here tonight or Monday morning (July 28th). It's only been about ten days since the last one! We have stocked-up on water, food, and candles, so we should be in good shape. Could mean I get the day off again on Monday - I love those 4-day work-weeks! One of my roommates, Britta, had her camera when Kalmaegi hit and took some great pics of how the storm affected us. You can see the flooding in the streets, but it really wasn't that bad - or at least, not as bad as some of the cities south of us. I hope this time we are as lucky, too.
I have been working so much lately - actually, we all have - because we are still short a couple of teachers. But that will be remedied next Wednesday when another teacher arrives, and then on the 15th when another one comes. That should free-up a lot of our time so that we can do other things. Lately I have been too tired on the weekends to really go anywhere, other than to pick up groceries. So it will be nice to have the energy to go sight-seeing. My roommates are considerably younger than I am, and seem to have more energy even though they work as hard or harder than I do - so they have seen more of the sights around here than I have. And I'm glad that's the case, or I'd have no pictures to post here. In fact, I have posted a few (scroll down to the bottom of the page to view) they took around Chunghua because I wanted you all to be able to see what this place looks like. Hope you enjoy them!
Well, I gotta get to bed. I will keep you posted about the typhoon - I'm sure everything will be fine here - but it's still kinda exciting as far as the Mother Nature aspect goes. I just hope it doesn't kill any more people or do much crop or property damage. 'Bye for now!

No comments:
Post a Comment